In this unique opportunity, photographer Ray Pfortner and photo stylist Nancy Wing from Seattle will lead a program to Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou and Beijing, bringing together North Americans and their Chinese counterparts to exchange ideas and establish both professional and personal connections.
This exchange program is designed for:
• Anyone with an interest in photography, whether a passionate hobbyist or a professional photographer, part- or full-time
• Any visual artist working in any medium, paint to graphite, who makes photographs for artist reference
• Anyone with an interest in China and especially its classical gardens and rich heritage
The program will provide ample professional opportunities, while exploring the art and cultural heritage of this rich region. A special focus will be on the classical gardens of Suzhou and Shanghai. And of course, there will be abundant opportunities to photograph!
Explore both classic and contemporary Chinese art and culture with exciting exchange opportunities to:
• Visit and photograph China’s classic gardens (5 in all), iconic architecture and sights, including an overnight stay at the Great Wall
• Enjoy and photograph 5 designated UNESCO World Heritage Sites
• Explore garden and night photography with Ray and arranging still lifes for photography with Nancy
• Meet Chinese photography professionals, including one of China’s best known conservation photographers and premier stock photo agencies
• The fee for the program includes a donation of $150 to the Northwest Chinese Garden selected by the registrant (Portland’s Lan Su Chinese Garden, the Seattle Chinese Garden or Vancouver, BCs Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden). WTE will match the amount for a total gift of $300
• Upon return to North America, have the opportunity to exhibit your work in a curated group show (exhibit printing and framing costs not included in the program)
For extensive program details, costs, registration information and specials, download Photography and Visual Arts China 2014 (password was provided in invitation email sent to you by Ray Pfortner).